Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Big 40!!

SURPRISE!
We celebrated Jason's 40th birthday this year...October 8th.

I planned a surprise get-away for just the two of us...I surprised him with a Harley rental and an amazing ride through the North GA Mtns. to Highland, N.C. We stayed at the Wells gorgeous cabin, (who graciously offered it to us) and had a lovely dinner at Wild Thyme Cafe (highly recommend, excellent food). Saturday we met friends from church and Jason's work in Helen for a wonderful time of fellowship and lunch, took a ride together and then headed back to Marietta to return the bike. We put over 370 miles on the bike! It was awesome and I must say I'm hooked. Loved it!!
Little did Jason know that I still had one more surprise up my sleeve.......the following weekend I planned a surprise party at Sell's Mill Park with family and friends. I am still amazed at how oblivious he was to the whole thing. He thought I was getting my hair cut that Saturday and we were scheduled to have the girls pictures made (on a cold and wet day). Love it! He was definitely surprised and I am so grateful for all who came to celebrate this special day!
Blessings to you all!


No comments: